We noticed that you are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. This website is optimised for Internet Explorer version 9 and later, so please consider upgrading your browser so that you can enjoy all of this website's features. Visit the Microsoft website http://www.microsoft.com to download a newer version of Internet Explorer.
Information about volunteering opportunities
Information about jobs, entrepreneurship, traineeships and holiday work
Education and training opportunities across Europe
Have your say about politics and society, and participate in Structured Dialogue
Arts and entertainment, science and innovation at your fingertips
Everything about your health, well-being and sports
Your rights and services to feel secure and safe
Discovering the world beyond Europe
Practical information about travelling in Europe
This programme is open to young post-graduates sharing the values and principles of the European Union and committed to defend the place of the European Union in the World. Junior Professionals in Delegation will be placed in both the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission sections of the EU Delegations. The traineeships will start in September/October for a fixed-term of nine months; a further 9-month renewal of the agreement can be offered.
• 28 positions for EEAS: political, press and information functions
• 28 positions for the Commission (max.1 per EU Member State): management of external aid, trade & economic affairs, european integration, humanitarian aid, etc.
• monthly package (+/- 2 300 euros to +/- 3 000 euros, depending on the place of the traineeship)
• installation contribution (2 000 euros)
• journey expenses contribution (2 500 euros)
• insurance premium contribution (500 euros)
Applications have to be sent exclusively to the relevant EU Member States' contact points by 3 March 2014. Please note that any spontaneous application sent directly to the EEAS or to the Commission will be rejected. Candidates will have to indicate their geographical preferences in their application, so it might be helpful to take a peek at the available list of EU Delegations websites. The traineeship offers will be sent to the selected candidates in July 2014.