Want to study in Belgium (In Brussels or Wallonia) ?
In Belgium, higher education or graduate studies are divided into two types of education systems:
Higher Education at university
- The 1st cycle leads to Bachelor's transition degrees (3 years)
- The 2nd cycle leads to Master's degrees (after 1 or 2 years)
- The 3rd cycle consists in specialised post-graduate degrees.
There are six universities in Wallonia-Brussels:
- The Université catholique de Louvain ;
- The University of Saint-Louis in Brussels ;
- The University of Namur ;
- The Université libre de Bruxelles ;
- The Université de Mons ;
- The University of Liège.
Higher Education outside university
This type of higher education is given in institutions or colleges called " Hautes Ecoles". 20 higher Schoold in the French speaking community organized higher education in a single cycle (3 years) or two cycles (5 years) in 8 categories of studies:
- Translation and Interpretation
Social advancement courses, what is it?
It is "Second-chance education", it enable you to earn a diploma you were unable to try for when you were at school. Personal and vocational continuing education is another goal.
How to find a course?
How to finance your studies?
- Working : Foreign students can work during their studies if they follow a full time course in a higher establishment recognised by the Federation Wallonia-Brussels and if they have a valid residence permit.