Junior Professionals in Delegation (JPD) Traineeship Programme
The European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission (EC) offer highly qualified junior professionals from the EU Members States a paid traineeship starting in March 2016, which allows them to gain an in-depth understanding of the EU Delegations' role in the implementation of EU external policies. The call for expression of interest is open every 18 months by the EEAS and EC.
In order to apply, you should:
- be a national of an EU Member State;
- hold at least a university degree equivalent to a Master's degree in a domain relevant to the activities of the Delegations;
- have an excellent command of English and / or French;
- knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- show great interest and motivation to work in a Delegation and have a professional experience, extra-curriculum activities such as volunteering or publications, is an important asset.
The pre-selection of candidates is managed by the EU Member States. The final selection is made by EEAS and the EC.
Selected candidates will be offered a single paid traineeship agreement of a fixed-term of nine months, which can be renewed for another nine-month period.
For more details on the application and selection process, check the traineeship webpage.