Joint recommendations from the EU Youth Conference in Riga, March 2015
With the overall theme of 'Empowering young people for political participation in democratic life in Europe', the conference took into account also the suggestions made previously by more than 40,000 young Europeans during the Structured Dialogue consultation. Furthermore, the political participation of young people will also be the subject of a high-level policy debate of the EU youth ministers at the Education, Youth, Culture and Sport Council to be held on 18-19 May in Brussels, Belgium.
The recommendations were on the following key points:
- Create a culture of participation at school
- Involving young people in political decision-making
- Enhancing policy-makers’ engagement and commitment with young people
- Strengthening the role of youth work for political empowerment of all young people
- Developing youth friendly tools for political participation
- Developing local and direct democracy
- Increasing synergies and cooperation between different actors
You can read the full document on https://eu2015.lv/images/notikumi/Joint-recommendation_260320151.pdf
This conference that brought together 210 delegates took place in Riga from 23-26 March and was hosted by the Latvian Presidency.