Published: 14/03/2013 10:57
Passionate about international development with ambitions to become a global leader in future? Take the first step by applying for the World Bank Youth Professional Program.
The Young Professionals Program is a great opportunity for highly qualified and motivated people, with a track record of commitment to development, academic success, professional achievement and leadership capability. The World Bank receives around 10 000 applications a year, from which about 30 candidates are selected to join the 2 one-year rotational assignments.
“I was fortunate to have been in the Young Professionals Program as I had the opportunity of working with really good professionals and mentors.”
Friederike from Germany
How to apply
To apply, you must:
- be 32 years of age or younger
- have a Master’s degree or equivalent
- be fluent in English
- be fully proficient in at least one of the Bank’s other working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish
- specialise in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at doctoral level.
The Young Professionals Program doesn’t currently recruit people with degrees in disciplines such as: computer science, HR, accounting, marketing, law, or linguistics – unless they are combined with other relevant degree subject listed above.
Online applications are accepted annually from 1 May to 30 June and the selection process takes 9 months. So, if you are selected you should start in September of the following year.
Since its launch, the Young Professionals Program has already hired more than 1,500 people who now hold positions at the World Bank.