What is the Multicultural youth square?
The Multicultural Youth Square is a youth center situated in Reykjavik, Iceland, run by the Red Cross. It emphasizes intercultural values and giving young people the opportunity to participate in social activities, realise their potential and work towards increasing intercultural awareness.
Who is the Multicultural youth square for?
The target group of the Multicultural youth square is young people aged 16-30 from a diverse cultural background, as well as native youth who respect and support multiculturalism.
What are the Multicultural youth square’s values?
The core values of the square are simple:
- To support young people and value their merits
- To promote their strengths and talents;
- To emphasize the value of culture, tradition and diversity
The Multicultural youth square seeks to:
- Give young people a chance to develop their leadership skills and to take an active part in organized activites.
- increase the care and support of young people by using staff, volunteers and Amigo-mentors
- acknowledge that the growth and success of young people is intricately connected to their society
- use communicative techniques that enable adults to connect to young people in a convenient and helpful way, that is not threatening to the young people. Such techniques should make it easier for staff and volunteers to influence the young people, make them into strong leaders and good role models for both those who are close to them and the society in a greater context.
How do I contact the Multicultural youth square?
The president of the square is Marius Maciulskis, email@example.com.
The project manager is Marín Þórsdóttir, tel. (+354) 545 0411, firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is based the Icelandic Red Cross website, with the RC's permission, and written in cooperation with Áttavitinn