Your rights>All different, all equal - Finland
Last update: 17/05/2013 @ 16:35:59
- Advisory Board on Romani Affairs
- The Advisory Board on Romani Affairs serves as a link between the Romani people in Finland and the public authorities.
- http://www.stm.fi/stm/neuvottelukunnat/ronk/etusivu [FI][SV]
- Against racism- Finnish League for Human Rights
- Combating racism is among the most important objectives of the Finnish League for Human Rights. For a decade the League has monitored and studied discrimination in terms of racist violations of human rights in the Finnish society.
- http://www.ihmisoikeusliitto.fi/ [EN][FI][SV]
- CEREN - The Centre for Research on Ethnic Relations and Nationalism
The aims of CEREN are to conduct and support research and teaching in the field, mainly in social and ”human” sciences, gather and document Finnish research and research results in this area, arrange relevant seminars and postgraduate teaching, develop national and international networks for research and teaching and work together with official bodies and immigrant and minority groups in the struggle against racism and xenophobia. This link goes to a Swedish site.
- http://sockom.helsinki.fi/ceren/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Caisa – the International Cultural Centre
- Caisa is an international cultural centre in the core of Helsinki. It is subject to the City of Helsinki Cultural Office. Its object is to support the development of a multicultural city by promoting interaction between people from different countries, encouraging the independant original practice of new ethnic minority cultures whilst integrating them into a Finnish society and giving out information on Finland.
- http://kulttuuri.hel.fi/caisa/index_fi.html [EN][FI][SV]
- ETNICA - Joensuu Centre for Ethnic Studies
- Etnica, the Joensuu Centre for Ethnic Studies, is a multidisciplinary research unit of the Faculty of Education, University of Joensuu.
Etnica's research themes deal with multicultural education and ethnic issues within different academic disciplines.
- http://www.joensuu.fi/etnica/valikko/index_1.html [EN][FI]
- Portal that offers lots of links related to equality in Finland.
- http://www.makupalat.fi/Categories.aspx?classID=0a653056-9159-4c8c-8b58-fff [FI]
- Finn Church Aid -Kirkon Ulkomaanapu
- Finn Church Aid operates in more than 30 countries, wherever the need is greatest. They are working with the poor people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
FCA is a partner organisation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Finland and part of the international aid network.
- http://www.kua.fi [EN][FI][SV]
- Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs website release
- The global.finland.fi website on development issues is provided by the Department for International Development Cooperation of the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- http://global.finland.fi [FI][SV]
- Finnish Refugee Council – Suomen Pakolaisapu
- The Finnish Refugee Council is an international specialist in refugee work and its mission is to improve the basic rights of the refugees and returnees.
FRC does information, education and social work in Finland. Abroad FRC gives adult education, works among the youth at the refugee settlements and supports the returnee communities in societies recovering from the crises.
- http://www.pakolaisapu.fi [EN][FI][SV]
- Finnish Sports Federation
- Finnish Sports Federation (Suomen Liikunta ja Urheilu, SLU) works for tolerance, equality, environment and ethical values. Here you find Fair Play: ethical principles for finnish sports and physical activities.
- http://www.slu.fi/reilu_peli/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Finnish Youth Cooperation Allianssi
- Allianssi is an umbrella organisation for Finnish youth organisations and it, for example, promotes multicultural youth work both nationally and internationally.
- http://www.alli.fi/moku [FI]
- Gender Equality in Finland
- Authorities of Gender Equality.
Equality matters fall within the scope of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health in Finland.
- http://www.tasa-arvo.fi [EN][FI][RU][SMI][SV]
- Global education
- How do the choices you make at the local market affect the rain forest in Peru? Can you help Francisco, who is imprisoned because of his opinions? What can you learn from Veronique in Chad? And what do these questions have in common? Global education is used in Finland as an umbrella term covering educational fields such as development, peace, the environment, human rights, democracy, multiculturalism and tolerance. Basic information also in English nad Swedish.
- http://www.kansainvalisyyskasvatus.net [FI]
- KEPA, or the Service Centre for Development Cooperation, is a service base for Finnish NGOs interested in development work and global issues.
- http://www.kepa.fi [EN][FI][PT][ES][SV]
- Maailma.net - Oneworld-network in Finland
- Maailma.net hands you alternative news and views from worldwide network. A portal which offers and produces information about human rights and sustainable development. It is part of international OneWorld –network.
- http://maailma.net/ [FI]
- National Council on Disability – Valtakunnallinen vammaisneuvosto
- The National Council on Disability is a co-operative organ for authorities, disability organisations and organisations for relatives of disabled people. It is working in close connection with the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
- http://www.vane.to [EN][FI][SV]
- Ombudsman for Minorities
- The Ombudsman for Minorities is an authority with the basic task of advancing the status and legal protection of ethnic minorities and foreigners as well as equality, non-discrimination and good ethnic relations in Finland.
You can contact the Ombudsman for Minorities if, for example, you have experienced or observed ethnic discrimination.
On these pages you can find information about the work of the Ombudsman for Minorities and about ethnic discrimination, intervention in ethnic discrimination and the rights of foreigners in Finland.
- http://www.vahemmistovaltuutettu.fi/ [AR][ZH][EN][FI][FR][RU][SMI][ES][SV][TH][TR]
- Do you need information about immigrant groups? What is the EUMC? What is the current situation of racism in Finland?
RASMUS is a national network that consists of actors which oppose racism and xenophobia and promote multiculturality and human rights. The Finnish League for Human Rights acts as its coordinator and secretariat.
- http://www.rasmus.fi/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Red Nose Day
- On Red Nose Day everybody, regardless of age or ability, can find a way to help. And do it with a smile! Obviously, the symbol of the Red Nose Day campaign is a red nose. Please join the Red Nose Day Collection in Finland by arranging an event to collect money for a good cause.
- http://www.nenapaiva.fi/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Refugee Advice Center
- The main task of the Refugee Advice Centre is to give legal aid to asylum seekers. Both public and private funding has been given for this purpose and the Refugee Advice Centre has the main responsibility in organising legal aid to asylum seekers in Finland. The Refugee Advice Centre also works for promoting the legal rights of asylum seekers, refugees and other foreigners. The organisation is recognised as an expert in refugee and aliens affairs in Finland. It is thereby heard by officials and the Parliament when new laws concerning foreigners are drafted and passed.
- http://www.pakolaisneuvonta.fi [EN][FI][SV]
- SETA - Sexual Equality in Finland
- SETA or “Seksuaalinen tasavertaisuus” (Sexual Equality) is the national human rights organisation in the field of legal equality and social justice for sexual and gender minorities such as lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and trans-people in Finland.
- http://www.seta.fi/ [FI]
- Saamelaiskäräjät - Sami court
- The Finnish Sami people choose among themselves representatives to take care of their cultural self autonomy.
- http://www.om.fi/55.htm [FI][SV]
- Suomen Rauhanpuolustajat – Fredskämparna i Finland ry
- Non-Governmental organisation which works for peace, disarming, tolerance, human rights and international equality.
- http://www.rauhanpuolustajat.fi [FI]
- Yhteinen Maailmamme – Our common world
- Website for those who are interested in developing countries and world. This site helps you to understand differencies.
- http://www.yhteinenmaailmamme.net [FI]