Studying>Language learning - Denmark
Last update: 17/05/2013 @ 14:10:19
- Courses in Danish language at Danish Folk High Schools
- Some Folk High Schools offer residential courses in Danish language and culture either during the summer holiday (3 to 4 weeks) or as 4 to 5 month courses in autumn or spring. The Secretariat for the Danish Folk High Schools provides further information about courses, admission and tuition fees.
- http://www.hojskolerne.dk/ [DA][EN]
- Courses in Danish language in private Danish language schools
- These are especially common in the cities. If you, or someone you know, understands some Danish, you may look them up in the local telephone book under “De Gule Sider; Sprogundervisning/Dansk.”
- http://www.degulesider.dk/vbw/super/resultat.do?compTrade=sprogundervisning [DA]
- Courses in Danish language offered by Danish municipalities
- According to Danish legislation, the municipalities are obliged to offer courses in Danish language and culture for foreign residents. New courses begin several times per year. State-regulated examinations are held twice a year. Find links to schools all over Denmark offering the courses, as well as more information about the conditions, all on this website. Some information is in English.
- http://www.nyidanmark.dk/NR/rdonlyres/11D6EDB6-9F76-4EF3-B2B5-10C983BD16E3/ [DA][EN]
- Danish language courses at Danish Cultural Institutes around Europe
- Check out whether there is a Danish Cultural Institute in your country, to find your way to a Danish language course in your local area. The Danish Cultural institute also arranges Danish courses in Denmark for people with a basic knowledge of the language, particularly during the summer season.
- http://www.dankultur.dk/Default.aspx?ID=983 [DA]
- Danish language courses in private schools or centres around the world
- To find out where you can take Danish-language classes anywhere in the world, you can consult the Danish Embassy in the country in question. Here is a list of all Danish embassies abroad.
- http://um.dk/en/about-us/organisation/missions-abroad/ [DA][EN]
- Foreign languages abroad
- On this website you can find your way to language courses in almost any language in a number of foreign countries. Have a look at some valuable advice about how to find a language course abroad.
- http://www.udiverden.dk/Default.asp?ID=4728 [DA]
- Foreign languages courses in Denmark for people under 18
- If you are 14 to 18 years old, you can take courses at your local ‘ungdomsskole’. These schools give afternoon or evening classes in several foreign languages.
- http://www.vvs-dialogi.dk/europe/denmark/dk-ungdomsskoler.htm [DA]
- Learning Danish in Denmark
- The possibilities to learn Danish in Denmark are vast. The courses are run as regular courses during the year, intensive short-term courses and as summer courses during the holidays. Depending on your needs, time available, interests and prior qualifications there are the following main options:
Courses at Danish universities/higher education institutions, programmes and courses administered at local/municipal level, private language schools or tuition by private language teachers, courses at the Folk High Schools and courses in Danish abroad.
- http://www.studyindenmark.dk/live-in-denmark/learning-danish [EN]
- Non-formal education for the 18+
- If you are a citizen in Denmark over the age of 18, there is almost no limit to what sorts of courses you may attend for a relatively low amount of money, in all parts of Denmark. These courses are organised by the ‘oplysningsforbund’. Once you know what you want to study, from foreign languages, arts or handicrafts, to politics, society or gymnastics, you just need to find your local ‘oplysningsforbund’. This site leads you there.
- http://www.aof.dk/ [DA]