Human rights internship at the UN
What will you do?
As an intern with the OHCHR you will be involved in:
- researching human rights issues
- drafting analytical papers and reports
- providing administrative support in meetings
- field operations and supporting other OHCHR activities.
Are you eligible to apply?
To apply, you must be:
- enrolled in a postgraduate (or equivalent level) study programme during the entire internship
- able to obtain the necessary visa and travel to the UN in Switzerland.
- able to cover the costs of travel, accommodation and living expenses
- able, on being selected, to provide proof of valid medical insurance for your stay in Switzerland, and provide a medical certificate stating that you are in good health as well as proving your enrolment in post-graduate (or equivalent) studies.
- able to communicate fluently in English and/or French.
How can you apply?
The OHCHR has 2 intern selection campaigns each year:
- applications for the May/June selection must be in by 30 April
- applications for the November/December selection must be in by 31 October
Applications may be accepted outside of the usual selection campaign.
Internships are a minimum of 2 months and may be renewed up to 6 months maximum.