Navigation path

Updated : 17/03/2017

Working abroad

As an EU national, you're entitled to work — for an employer or as a self-employed person — in any EU country without needing a work permit.

Exception — Croatian nationals still face temporary restrictions on working in the EU.

And while doing so, you are entitled to live there — subject to certain conditions.

If you live and work in another EU country, it's important to be aware of the consequences for:

  • your benefits (sickness, maternity/paternity, pensions, occupational accidents and diseases, death grants, unemployment, early retirement, family, etc.)
  • where you have to pay tax.

More on:

See also :

Public consultations