Navigation path

Updated : 20/04/2016


Civil servants abroad

You will be considered a civil servant abroad if:

  • You are a civil servant in one EU country and seconded to work in another country (in an embassy, consulate or other official institution abroad);
  • Alternatively, you work as a civil servant in one country but for private reasons you live (have your permanent home) in another.

If instead you are working in your host country for a local public sector body without being a national of the country, you will count as a migrant worker.

Make sure you check:

Public consultations
    Looking for a job abroad?
    Start your search here - job openings
    Need support from assistance services?
    Get help and advice

    In this case, the 28 EU member states + Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland

    Retour au texte en cours.