Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

Taxes – Sweden

Updated : 21/05/2014

Income taxes abroad

What's your situation?

I'm an employee

Which income will be taxed in Sweden?

  • Live in Sweden? You must pay tax on your worldwide income there.

    (criterion: you lived there for at least 183 days in a 12-month period)

  • Live in Sweden but for less than 183 days? You are not considered tax resident and pay tax only on the income earned in Sweden.

  • Income from other EU countries? Check you never pay tax twice on the same income.

How much will you pay?

What's left of your gross income in Sweden after deduction of taxes and social security contributions?

Online tax calculator - Sweden svenska

Tax rates - Sweden svenska

Take into account any:

  • tax allowances
  • deductions you are entitled to for certain types of expenditure.

When and how do you pay?

Your employer deducts preliminary income tax and social-security contributions based on your salary. You must file an annual income tax return by 2 May each year.

Sweden - tax calendar svenska

How to appeal / complain

If you disagree with your tax assessment, you can appeal to the tax office svenska that made the assessment.

Read your tax assessment letter carefully to find out exactly which department you should send your appeal to and which procedures you need to follow.


Swedish Tax Board svenska

Brochures on taxation system in Sweden svenska

Check also what your EU rights are.

Contact points

Tax offices svenska

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get expert advice from the European business support network