Updated : 10/01/2013
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
For most vehicles – including all cars – once they are 3 years old and annually thereafter.
- The body and vehicle structure is free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas and there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury.
- The fuel system has no leaks and the fuel cap fastens and seals securely.
- The vehicle meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, dependant on age and fuel type.
- The exhaust system is secure, complete, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- All seat belts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seat belts must be in place.
- The front seats are secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
- The doors l atch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- The minimum numbers of mirrors are on the vehicle, their condition and security.
- Boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.
- The brakes, t heir condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
- The tyres and wheels, t heir condition, security, size, type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- The registration plates, t heir condition, security, characters correctly formed and spaced.
- The lights, t heir condition, operation and security. Headlamps for aim.
- The bonnet s ecurely latches in the closed position.
- The wipers and washers o perate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
- The windscreen, i ts condition and the driver’s view of the road.
- The horn o perates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- The steering and suspension a re of a satisfactory condition and operation.
Get in touch with specialised assistance services