Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

FAQs Animals or plants

  • Is my guinea pig covered by the EU pet passport?

    NO - It isn't. The EU pet passport is only for dogs, cats and ferrets. If you've other pets, national legislation will apply.

  • Do I need a permit to travel with a chimaera birdwing (butterfly) between EU countries?

    YES - The movement of endangered animal species - including the chimaera birdwing - is strictly controlled. If you want to travel with this species, you need a certificate.

    To find out if you need a permit for what you want to bring back, check the EU wildlife trade database or contact the CITES authority in your country.

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body