Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

Workers and pensioners

Updated : 10/2013

EU family members

My registered partner

As an EU national, your registered partner may live in your new EU country under the same conditions that apply to EU nationals.

If your partner is working, receives a pension or is studying, you should check conditions and formalities here:

If your partner does not meet these conditions (for example, you work but your partner stays at home), he or she may still stay with you in your new country as your family member.

Some EU countries treat registered partnerships in the same way as they treat married couples. In this case, you should check the applicable residence rights and conditions for spouses.

Other EU countries do not recognise registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage. In this case, check the applicable residence rights and conditions for other relatives.

Find out about recognition of registered partnerships in Europe.

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body