Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

Jobseekers – FAQ

Updated : 22/10/2013

Residence rights for jobseekers abroad

FAQ - Residence rights for jobseekers abroad

  • I'm Irish, and moved to Holland to look for work there. After being in Amsterdam for 3 months, I was told by the local authorities that I have to register my residence. Because I'm looking for a job, shouldn't I be exempt from compulsory registration? I still have 4 interviews planned and am not sure I'll be staying on longer in Holland if I don't find work in 2 months.

    YES — you're right. If you're looking for work, you can stay without registering your residence for up to 6 months.

  • I'm a Spanish cook who became unemployed in Austria. I was diagnosed with a "frozen shoulder", which makes me unable to work. My doctors say I will need rehabilitation therapy for at least one year. Can I continue to stay in Austria and follow my therapy there?

    YES — Since you are temporarily unable to work due to illness, you can stay in Austria for as long as this condition continues.

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body