Navigation path

Updated : 04/09/2014

Municipal elections – Hungary

Choose country

Choose country

Common rights across EU countries

* Information not yet provided by national authorities

Municipal elections

Every adult citizen of another EU country living in Hungary has the right to vote in municipal elections.

Foreign EU citizens are automatically put on the electoral roll for municipal elections at the time of registration of residence. Voters can vote personally at their place of residence in Hungary.

Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice