Navigation path

Updated : 28/05/2014

Reporting presence for short stays (<3 months) – Sweden

Choose country

Choose country

Common rights across EU countries

* Information not yet provided by national authorities

Reporting presence for short stays

EU citizens and their family members do not need to report their presence directly after arrival: as an EU citizen, you can move to Sweden without applying for any kind of permit.

Neither do you have to register your residence after three months in the country.

However, if you intend to stay longer than a year you need to register in the Swedish population register. More information on the Tax Agency's website

Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice