Navigation path

Updated : 29/01/2015

Reporting presence for short stays (<3 months) – Luxembourg

Choose country

Choose country

Common rights across EU countries

* Information not yet provided by national authorities

Reporting presence for short stays

The formalities to be complied with depend on whether or not the stay exceeds 3 months.

For a stay of less than 3 months, EU nationals do not have to complete any formalities. They simply have to hold a valid national identity card or passport.

To report your presence (declaration of arrival), you should go to the municipal administration of your place of residence.

Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice