Updated : 26/04/2017
Registering your residence abroad – Romania
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
To stay in Romania for more than 3 months, EU citizens must register their residence and obtain a registration certificate with the territorial units of the General Inspectorate for Immigration
Inactive citizens (pensioners, self-sufficient persons) must prove they have sufficient resources to support themselves; as proof, they can present the following documents:
- pension slip issued at earliest 3 months before the date of entry on the territory of Romania (other similar document)
- statement concerning the global income tax for the year prior to the date of entry on the territory of Romania (other similar document)
- bank account statement or other equivalent documents certifying that the applicant earns the necessary revenues to ensure subsistence
- if you come to Romania to study, you can submit a certified declaration stating that you are able to support yourself.
You don't need to carry your registration certificate at all times.
If you don't register your residence, you could incur a fine of 25 to 50 lei.
Registering residence in Romania
See main information on this topic
Registering your residence abroad