Service tools

Language selector

EU flag

Navigation path


Updated : 26/04/2017

Registering your residence abroad – Ireland

Choose country

You must register your residence within 90 days of arrival.

To register your residence you should go to:

Inactive citizens (pensioners, self-sufficient persons) must present the following documents as proof of sufficient resources:

  • Evidence of financial resources/ bank statements
  • Letter from the Department of Social Protection with details of any benefit claims
  • Letter from a private medical insurance provider (for EU citizen and any dependants)

You must carry your registration certificate at all times.

See main information on this topic
Registering your residence abroad
Public consultations
    Need more information on rules in a specific country?
    Ask national administrations
    Need support from assistance services?
    Get help and advice