Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

Documents and formalities – Cyprus

Updated : 09/04/2014

Registering your residence abroad after the first 3 months


Registering your residence when abroad

You must register your residence within 4 months of arrival.

To register your residence, go to the Civil Registry and Migration Department (Nicosia) or to the District branches of the Police's Aliens and Immigration Unit (Limassol, Larnaca, Paphos, Famagusta)

Inactive citizens (pensioners, self-sufficient persons) must present the following documents as proof of sufficient resources:

  • Fixed or adequate income from employment outside Cyprus, or
  • Fixed or adequate income from other legal sources, or
  • Adequate deposits in financial institutions in Cyprus or abroad, and
  • Proof of comprehensive health insurance in Cyprus.

You must carry your registration certificate at all times. A police officer or a competent authority may require you to present your registration certificate. If you are unable to do so you can be asked to submit your registration certificate within a specific amount of time.

In case you refuse or omit to submit your registration certificate within that amount of time, you may be fined.

If you don't register your residence, you could incur fines.

Check with the authorities responsible for registration:

Civil Registry and Migration Department

1457, Nicosia

tel: +357 22403919, +357 22403926, +357 22804477

fax: +357 22403961


Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body