Updated : 28/05/2014
Registering your non-EU family members in another EU country – Sweden
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Residence card for non-EU family members
Your family members must register their residence within three months of arrival.
The documents you need to obtain a residence card for your non-EU family members are:
- copies of the pages in their passports that show their citizenship and period of validity.
- if you are married: a copy of your marriage certificate or corresponding document
- if you are common law spouses: a document proving that you have lived together in your country of origin
- for children under 21 years of age: a copy of their birth certificate including the parents' names
- for children over 21 years of age and other close relatives: documents showing how the family members are dependent on you and in what way you are related.
The residence card allows your family to live and work in Sweden as long as you have right of residence.
More information on the Migration Board´s website