Navigation path

Updated : 06/06/2016

Registering your non-EU family members in another EU country – Czech Republic

Choose country

Choose country

Common rights across EU countries

* Information not yet provided by national authorities

Non-EU family members of EU citizens living in the Czech Republic must apply for a temporary residence permit if their stay exceeds 3 months. They can apply via the Ministry of the Interior .

To apply, they will need:

If your non-EU family member is not living in the Czech Republic with you (as a citizen of the EU, Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein or Switzerland), the same conditions apply to them during their stay as to other non-EU nationals .

The registration certificate is valid for up to 5 years.

For more information, check with the authorities responsible for issuing residence cards:

After 5 years of continuous residence in the Czech Republic, all family members of EU citizens can apply for a permanent residence card .

Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice

Get help and advice