Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn


Updated : 06/06/2013

Registered partnerships

FAQs Registered partnerships

  • I would like to move to another EU country with my registered partner. Do all EU countries have to recognise this partnership?

    NO - Countries which do not have registered partnerships (or other types of partnership equivalent or comparable to marriage) in their own law do not have to recognise partnerships registered abroad.

    However, your new country must recognise your registered partnership as proof of a long-term relationship, which will at least facilitate your partner's entry and residence, for example if they are following you as you move abroad to work.

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body