Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn


Updated : 06/06/2013

Unmarried couples

FAQs Unmarried couples

  • I want to move from my home country to another EU country with my partner. I'm an EU national but he isn't. Does our proof of long-term cohabitation mean my partner automatically acquires an entry right?

    NO - Once you've proved you're in a long-term partnership, every EU country is obliged to "facilitate entry" for your partner.

    However, exactly what you have to do to prove this is often not specified in a country's laws, so your partner could still be refused entry and residence rights.

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body