Spain - VAT − Basic rules
- Austria *
- Belgium *
- Charging and deducting VATbgcsdadeelenesetfifrhrhuitltlvmtnlnoplptroskslsv
- Greece *
- Hungary *
- Latvia *
- Romania *
- Slovenia *
- VAT exemptionsbgcsdadeelenesetfifrhrhuitltlvmtnlnoplptroskslsv
- VAT on invoicesbgcsdadeelenesetfifrhrhuitltlvmtnlnoplptroskslsv
- VAT ratesbgcsdadeelenesetfifrhrhuitltlvmtnlnoplptroskslsv
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
VAT is declared quarterly in April, July, October and January. In addition, an annual VAT summary return must be filed in January.
If the balance of the VAT return is positive, it must be credited to the Treasury .
If the balance is negative and declared quarterly, it is offset against subsequent VAT returns; in this case, if the balance is negative in the last return filed at the end of the year, a refund may be requested or the negative balance can be offset in the settlement for the following year.
Businesses that have opted for inclusion in the monthly refund regime can also declare their VAT on a monthly basis. In this case, the VAT refunds are paid each month.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support