Norway - Intellectual property rights
- Czech Republiccsen
- Greece *
- Hungary *
- Latvia *
- Slovenia *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Intellectual Property Rights
- To make your European patent valid in Norway, it is necessary to have designated Norway in your European patent application.
- To validate your patent in Norway, the following conditions must also be met:
- The validation fee must be paid within the prescribed time limit. You will receive an invoice for the amount (including pages with drawings and sequence listings) from NIPO with a one month deadline.
- Norwegian and foreign applicants and patent owners are required to provide NIPO with an address to which notifications may be sent. If using an agent, a Power of Attorney must be submitted to NIPO (ref. Patent Act § 67).
- Once the patent has been disclosed in Norway, the same regulations apply as for a national patent. This means that you must pay annual fees to NIPO every year to uphold the patent.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support