Malta - Intellectual property rights
- Austria *
- Belgium *
- Bulgaria *
- Czech Republiccsen
- Denmark *
- Greece *
- Hungary *
- Italy *
- Latvia *
- Luxembourg *
- Slovakia *
- Slovenia *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Intellectual Property Rights
To have your European patent validated in Malta, you must do the following:
European patents in French or
Within 3 months of the patent being issued, submit the following documents to the Maltese national patent office :
- an English translation of the patent
- a copy of the document granting the patent
- the relevant completed application form which can be found at the Maltese IP Office .
European patents in English
These are automatically valid in Malta. It is up to you, as the patent owner, to decide whether you wish to maintain the patent in Malta when it first becomes due for renewal . If you do, you must submit to the Maltese IP office:
- the renewal form (which can be found at the Maltese IP Office ).
- the renewal/maintenance fee.
If you fail to pay the maintenance fee by the due date, you must pay it - together with a late payment penalty - in the next 6 months .
If you fail to pay the maintenance fee in this extra 6-month period, your patent will not be renewable for the next year .