- Austria *
- Czech Republiccsen
- Greece *
- Hungary *
- Latvia *
- Luxembourg *
- Slovenia *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Intellectual Property Rights
The procedure to follow for national validation of a European patent consists of the following steps:
1. A European patent is granted when the European Patent Office (EPO) has announced it in the European Patent Bulletin.
2. In order to formalize the European patent in Finland, the patent holder has to pay a publication fee to the Finnish Patent and Registration Office
3. The patent holder should also submit a translation of patent demands and the Finnish name of the invention.
4. Payment and translations should be sent within 3 months from EPO's announcement.
5. The Finnish Patent and Registration Office announces the publication of the patent in The Trademark Gazette.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support