- Czech Republiccsen
- Greece *
- Latvia *
- Slovenia *
- Switzerland *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
It is possible to submit the application in person, by e-mail or electronically, using the English-language version of the Patent and Trademark Office website, which also features a detailed step-by-step guide. For more details, see .
- A translation of the patent application must be submitted within 3 months from the publication of the patent grant by the European Patent Office (EPO). The application must include the following:
- The title of the invention in English or Danish;
- A description in English or Danish including any drawings;
- Photographs and sequencing lists in English or Danish;
- The claims in Danish
- The patent number and the name and address of the proprietor in English or Danish.
- A fee of DKK 2 000 must be paid for the translation of the of European patent specifications' publication. In addition, the annual renewal fees must be paid within 3 months from the date the European Patent Office published the grant of the European patent. For more details, see here.
Re-establishment of rights under Section 72 of the Patents Act
If the validation time limit of 3 months from the date of the grant publication is exceeded, a request may be made for re-establishment of the right to validate. Re-establishment may be requested within 2 months from the removal of the obstacle which prevented validation from taking place on time, but no later than one year after the expiry of the validation time limit.
The condition for re-establishing the right to validate is that the omission is rectified. In this case, an application for validation must be submitted and the publication fee paid together with a fee for the re-establishment of rights. Provided that the formal requirements are met, a time limit is set for the applicant to demonstrate that all due diligence was exercised.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support