Czech Republic - Intellectual property rights
- Austria *
- Czech Republiccsen
- Greece *
- Hungary *
- Latvia *
- Luxembourg *
- Slovenia *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Intellectual Property Rights
A European patent takes effect in the Czech Republic from the date the patent is announced in the European Patent Bulletin.
To have your European patent validated in the Czech Republic, you must do the following:
1. Submit a Czech translation of the patent specification to the Czech Industrial Property Office - within 3 months of the date mentioned above.
If you miss this deadline, you must pay a late payment penalty. You will then have a further 3 months to submit the translation .
2. Pay the administrative fee for the publication of this translation .
The Industrial Property Office will:
1. Announce the issue of your European patent in the IPO Bulletin .
2. Publish the translation.
3. Record your European patent in the Czech Register of European patents, using the data recorded in the European Patent Register.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support