Public contracts - Greece
There are two decrees coordinating:
- procurement procedures for the water, energy, transport and postal sectors;
- procedures for awarding public projects, public procurement and public service contracts.
Types of public contracts
Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
Public-private partnerships (PPP) are a long-term contract between public authorities and the private sector. Public authorities benefit from the expertise of private companies and their economic contribution. When taking on public works under a PPP, risks are distributed among the partners, depending on their responsibilities regarding risk-management.
Public works in the construction sector may be undertaken by:
- National companies listed in the Register of Contractors' Enterprises;
- National companies listed in the project's registration category and class;
- Contracting companies from EU and European Economic Area (EEA) countries.
The Guide for implementing works and services through PPP, published by the Special Secretariat for PPP, provides useful information on public-private partnerships. It includes information on legal arrangements, funding and relevant procedures.
Check also the legislation on this topic in: