Sélecteur de langues
Bulgaria's Rural Development Programme 2007-2013
Commission Européenne - MEMO/07/595 20/12/2007
Autres langues disponibles: BG
Brussels, 20 December 2007
Chosen strategy corresponding to the profile:
On the basis of the needs identified, the Community Strategic Guidelines (CSG), Lisbon and Göteborg objectives, the three following overall objectives were chosen:
Budget overall and share of EU funding
* Accession Treaty measure for Bulgaria/Romania for 2007-09 period.
Overall aim of RD programme in country:
The rural development programme (RDP) seeks to develop a competitive and innovation based agriculture, forestry and food-processing industry (axis 1), protect natural resources and environment of rural areas (axis 2), and improve the quality of life and diversify job opportunities in rural areas (axis 3). The Leader axis will aim to build capacity for local development and improve local governance and will help achieve the objectives of the other three axes
Axis 1 budget allocation and main priorities:
EAFRD: 963 893 586.
Total public expenditure: 1 204 866 983.
Axis 1 (improving the competitiveness of the agricultural and forestry sector) will target modernisation of physical assets and production factors in the agricultural, forestry and food processing sectors in order to improve productivity; investments for compliance with Community standards on farm or by food processing enterprises; adjustments in farming structures by encouraging setting up by young farmers and development of viable market-based businesses by semi-subsistence farmers; and improvement of human potential by support for training and advisory services in agriculture and forestry.
Within the RDP axes, 42% of resources are allocated to Axis 1 .The main accent is put on modernisation and restructuring – 90% of the axis budget; and the remaining 10% will target knowledge transfer and innovation.
Axis 2 budget allocation and main priorities:
EAFRD: 637 463 170.
Total public expenditure: 777 394 110.
Axis 2 (improving the environment and the countryside) has as its overall priority to increase the sustainable management of agricultural and forest land in Bulgaria. With this aim, specific priorities are conservation of biodiversity and High Nature Value Farmlands; development of organic farming; improvement of water and soil quality; development of sustainable land and forestry management practices for example to fight soil erosion in mountainous areas; and to extend and improve forest resources which can make a positive contribution in climate change context.
Measures under Axis 1 and 3 will contribute also to the RDP's environmental objectives.
Within the RDP axes, 27% of resources are allocated to Axis 2. The main emphasis in Axis 2 is put on agri-environmental measures – 40% of the axis budget, followed by support for farmers in less favoured areas – 35% and support for Natura 2000 and forestry – 25%.
Axis 3 budget allocation and main priorities:
EAFRD: 702 133 347.
Total public expenditure: 877 666 684.
Axis 3 (quality of life in rural areas and diversification of the rural economy) will seek to address the poor quality and accessibility of basic services and infrastructure in Bulgaria's rural areas, as an important pre-condition for economic growth and retaining population in rural areas. It will also tackle the lack of job opportunities and high dependency on agriculture, by supporting diversification into non-agricultural activities and support for the creation and development of rural micro-enterprises.
Within the RDP axes, 31% of resources are allocated to Axis 3 (EUR 878 million public expenditure). Of these resources, 69% will target improvement of quality of life given the urgent needs of rural areas, and 31% - diversification of job opportunities.
Leader budget allocation:
EAFRD: 61 590 645.
Total public expenditure: 76 988 3060.
The Leader approach will be used to deliver 2.6% of the resources under the other 3 axes. Approximately 82% of the funds will be used for the implementation of local development strategies and promotion of cooperation, and 18% - for information activities and capacity building of rural actors concerning the Leader approach.