Sélecteur de langues
Brussels, 28 November 2007
1. Operational Programme "European Territorial Cooperation" Germany/Bavaria– Austria 2007-2013 co-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
[ Figures and graphics available in PDF and WORD PROCESSED ]
2. The European Commission approved on 18 September 2007 a cross-border cooperation programme between Germany/Bavaria and Austria for the period 2007-2013. This programme involves Community support for the regions of Freyung-Grafenau and Passau as well as kreisfreie Stadt Passau (Niederbayern), Landkreise Rottal-Inn, Altötting, Traunstein, Berchtesgadener Land, Rosenheim, Miesbach, Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen and Garmisch-Partenkirchen as well as die kreisfreie Stadt Rosenheim (Oberbayern), Ostallgäu, Oberallgäu and Lindau (Bodensee) as well as die kreisfreien Städte Kaufbeuren und Kempten (Allgäu) (Schwaben) in Germany and Innviertel and Mühlviertel (Land Oberösterreich), Pinzgau-Pongau as well as Salzburg and Umgebung (Land Salzburg), Außerfern, Tiroler Oberland, Innsbruck and Tiroler Unterland (Land Tirol); Rheintal-Bodensee and Bludenz-Bregenzerwald (Land Vorarlberg) in Austria along the German-Austrian border. Other regions of both countries can participate in the projects as adjacent areas receiving a maximum of 20% of the ERDF funding allocated to the programme.
The total budget of the programme is € 72.1 million and Community investment through the ERDF amounts to € 54.1 million.
3. The purpose and aim of the EU investment
The overall objective of the programme is to promote sustainable development and economic competitiveness of the German-Austrian border region through an integrated and cross-border approach to economic, social and environmental development in ways which involve and benefit local people and communities.
The programme area is characterised by GDP growth several times higher than the EU-25 average. Nevertheless, the socio-economic differences between the urban centres and rural areas are striking. There is a clear need to further develop common co-operation and communication structures.
4. The expected impact of the investment
The programme is intended to support entrepreneurship, innovation initiatives, and further development of the cross-border labour market as well as improving the attractiveness of the region.
The programme focuses on the following priorities for co-operation in the geographic area concerned:
1. Knowledge-based and competitive society through innovation and co-operation (€ 25 million). The aim of this priority is to 1) support entrepreneurship through a better framework for the economy 2) support innovation activity and cooperation in the regional and local tourism and leisure economy through development of new and better products, processes and services and 3) to further develop of cross-border labour market and strengthen human resources through qualification and life long learning.
2. More attractive living space through sustainable regional development (€ 26 million). The aim of this priority is to 1) develop cross-border space through networks and cooperation structures 2) preserve natural and cultural resources through environment and nature protection and 3) improve accessibility.
3. Technical Assistance (€ 3 million). The aim of this priority is to help the participating countries to implement the programme as effectively as possible and to communicate the projects.
6. Managing Authority: Amt der Oberösterreichischen Landesregierung
7. Title: Operational Programme "European Territorial Cooperation"
Germany/Bavaria –Austria 2007-2013
8. Breakdown of finances by priority axis (EUR)