The three Presidents reiterated their commitment to deliver results where they are most needed and held a broad discussion on the various key files included in the joint declaration, under the following headlines:
- Giving a new boost to jobs, growth and investment;
- Addressing the social dimension of the European Union;
- Better protecting the citizens' security;
- Reforming and developing our migration policy in a spirit of responsibility and solidarity;
- Delivering on our commitment to implement a connected digital single market;
- and, delivering on our objective of an ambitious Energy Union and a forward looking climate change policy.
On 14 March, President Tajani attended Parliament's Conference of Committee Chairs meeting and listened carefully to committees' views before engaging in the monitoring exercise on key EU files with Messrs Juncker and Grech.
Demonstrating the institutions' common will to deliver to the benefit of EU citizens, a joint declaration on interinstitutional programming was agreed for the first time for 2017 last December, following the entry into force of the interinstitutional agreement on better lawmaking in April 2016.
For More information