Broadband Days 2017 brings together the most important actors in the broadband deployment and policy making scene. This event will feature the launch of the Broadband Competence Offices Network and announcement of the winners of Broadband Awards 2017. Plenary sessions and panel discussions will focus on broadband development from different perspectives.
20 - 21 November, the European Commission holds its Broadband days:
o Broadband Awards ceremony awarding the best European projects developing broadband
o Launch of the European Network of Broadband Competence Offices
o A conference: B-Day: Towards a Giga Europe.
The B-Day conference will bring together more than 200 European business people, investors, and high-level policy makers to discuss broadband investment and best practices. The event will be held at the Borschette conference centre in the heart of Brussels.
The Conference will feature the following key topics:
- The Connecting Europe Broadband Fund;
- Future plans for public and private investment;
- Best practices in broadband employment;
The Programme is online with more details.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Mariya GABRIEL (Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, European Commission)
- Phil HOGAN (Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission)
- Corina CREȚU (Commissioner for Regional Policy, European Commission)
- Antonello Giacomelli, the Under Secretary of State for Economic Development (MISE), Italian Government;
- Carlos Zorrinho, Member of the European Parliament.
20th November: Broadband awards: The Solvay, Rue Belliard 137, 1040 Brussels, 18:00 – 19:45.
21th November: Signature of pilot agreement between the European Commission and Italian Government. 13:00 at the Berlaymont (Commissioner Gabriel Meeting Room).
Journalists can register by sending an email to CNECT-B5@ec.europa.eu.
The European Commission will provide videos and photographs of the Broadband award ceremony on the website. It will contain print-quality digital pictures and all video files will be available in high and standard definition resolutions. All pictures and video files can be downloaded and used free of charge provided that the source is duly credited.
European Broadband awards (videostream on 20 November)
Broadband days webpage (live webstream on 21 November)
Digital Single Market website