From active inclusion to social investment
The European Economic and Social Committee and Eurofound are jointly organising a conference in Brussels on 16 June 2014 on the measures taken at European level to step up active inclusion and social investment.
Commissioner László Andor will deliver a keynote speech at the event, which will focus on questions such as:
- Why is it important to aim for an integrated implementation of the three strands of active inclusion (adequate income support, inclusive labour markets and access to quality services)?
- The Social Investment Package ensures the follow-up to the Active Inclusion Strategy. How to ensure that Member States develop approaches that effectively integrate its three strands?
- What role can the Europe 2020 Strategy and the European Semester play in making active inclusion and social investment happen?
- What more can the European institutions do to mainstream active inclusion and social investment in the Union's policies and how can relevant actors be better engaged in the process?
- What role can the social partners and civil society organisations play in promoting and implementing the necessary measures?