Conference on the European brain research in Dublin
27/05/2013 - 28/05/2013
The Convention Centre Spencer, Dublin, Ireland
Science and technology
The objectives of the conference are:
- Encourage public authorities to reinforce coordination and optimisation of resources in brain research and healthcare and to develop national brain research and healthcare strategies.
- Help lift taboos associated with brain health issues, and raise awareness of the importance of screening and early diagnosis.
- Promote coordination – from research to implementation – among EU member states and associated countries.
- Highlight the need for the right infrastructures, policies and regulatory environment to be in place, in order to encourage innovation and industrial activities in this area.
- Facilitate the absorption and integration of research results into policy and good practice, by establishing the appropriate processes and systems. Advance the practical application of the new paradigm of brain research and healthcare, taking into account patient needs.
This conference brings together renowned experts to highlight why policy-makers across the EU member states and associated countries should devise, or refine, national strategies on brain research and healthcare. Key stakeholders, such as policymakers, representatives from ministries, funding agencies, industry, patient organisations, researchers and health professionals will be among the invited participants.
Conference will be held on 14 May 2013 in Brussels.