Transport, Telecommunications & Energy Council
29/10/2012 at 09:30
Kirchberg building, Luxembourg
Environment, consumers and health
Transport and travel
Council of the EU
The following points will be discussed at this session:
- recast of the 1993 regulation on the allocation of landing and take-off slots at EU airports with capacity problems (general approach);
- two draft directives laying down the responsibilities of flag and port states as regards the enforcement of the Maritime Labour Convention (general approach);
- new regulation on the tachograph used in road transport (political agreement);
- update of the rules on periodic roadworthiness tests for motor vehicles, intended to improve road safety and protection of the environment (debate);
- signing and provisional application of an agreement with the European Organisation for Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) establishing a new and stable framework for enhanced cooperation (authorisation).
The presidency will hold a briefing in the Council press room in Brussels on Wednesday 24 October at 14.30. A press conference will take place at the end of the meeting.
A presidency briefing, agenda and background note will be published on the Council website closer to the date of the meeting.