Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Threats to health
European Union action aims to prevent and combat the risks affecting the health of European citizens. It includes protective measures for the different fields of health security and monitoring. Similar to HIV, infectious diseases are on the increase. The control, prevention and monitoring of communicable diseases and pandemics are therefore among the priority objectives. Taking account of the extent to which blood, blood components, as well as human cells, tissues and organs are used medicinally; another aim is to increase their quality and security levels.
The Union also ensures the protection of citizens against the dangers related to certain medical treatments.
- Seasonal influenza vaccination
- Preparing for an influenza pandemic and other health threats
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Network for the surveillance and control of communicable diseases
- Early warning and response system for the prevention and control of communicable diseases
- The fight against bioterrorism (communication)
- HIV/ AIDS
- General measures
BLOOD AND HUMAN ORGANS AND TISSUE
- Résistance aux antimicrobiens : plan d’action (FR)
- Antibiotic resistance
- Community strategy against antimicrobial resistance
- Prudent use of antimicrobial agents in human medicine
- Rare diseases
- Patient safety and the prevention of healthcare associated infections
- Rare diseases: Europe’s challengesArchives
- Informing the general public in the event of a radiological emergency
- Early exchange of information in the event of a radiological emergency
- Radiological protection for persons undergoing medical examination or treatment
- BSE: state of play in March 2003Archives