Monitoring the implementation of instruments concerning admission, clandestine immigration and expulsion
As laid down in the Treaty on European Union, which recognises the areas concerned as being questions of common interest, to set up at the Member State level a mechanism for monitoring instruments already approved concerning the admission of third-country nationals, clandestine immigration, unlawful employment and expulsion.
2) UNION MEASURES
Council Decision 96/C 11/01 of 22 December 1995 on monitoring the implementation of instruments already adopted concerning admission of third-country nationals.
Council Decision 96/749/JHA of 16 December 1996 on monitoring the implementation of instruments adopted by the Council concerning illegal immigration, readmission, the unlawful employment of third-country nationals and cooperation in the implementation of expulsion orders.
1. Each year, the Presidency forwards to the Member States a questionnaire to ascertain how they have implemented the instruments adopted by the Council concerning illegal immigration, readmission, the unlawful employment of third-country nationals and cooperation in the implementation of expulsion orders.
2. The questionnaire refers to the following matters:
- provisions adopted during the preceding year by the Member States in any of the areas covered by the instruments already approved,
- any difficulties encountered in adopting them,
- the likelihood of their being adopted in the near future,
- practical application of the instruments.
A report is drawn up by the General Secretariat of the Council on the basis of the replies received from the Member States and is submitted to the Council, in accordance with the priority work programme adopted by the Council on 30 November 1993.
4) DEADLINE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LEGISLATION IN THE MEMBER STATES
5) DATE OF ENTRY INTO FORCE (if different from the above)
- Decision 96/C 11/01: 05.02.1996
- Decision 96/749/JHA: 20.01.1997
Official Journal C 11 of 16.01.1996
Official Journal L 342 of 31.12.1996