Do you have any questions? Contact us.
On account of the growing competition for the exploitation of maritime areas and the cumulative effect of human activities on marine ecosystems, an integrated maritime policy is a must. This is an overall policy which brings together several maritime activities, such as shipping, fisheries, energy, surveillance and monitoring of the seas, tourism, the environment, research, etc. The action plan, presented in October 2007 by the Commission, defines its framework and principal objectives. The integrated maritime policy aims to maximise sustainable exploitation of the seas and oceans, whilst at the same time allowing growth of the maritime economy and the coastal regions.
- Action plan for an integrated maritime policy
- Guidelines for developing national maritime policies
- Strategy to strengthen global governance of seas and oceans
- Strategy to improve maritime governance in the Mediterranean
- Towards integrated maritime surveillance
- Development and integrated management of coastal zones
- Maritime Policy Green PaperArchives
- For more information on sectoral policies, please visit the Maritime Affairs portal.