Financial services: transactions in securities
For many companies, securities are an essential source of finance. To ensure that such investments are effective and transactions secure, the European Union imposes common operating conditions on investment bodies. European legislation thus aims to create a single market for investment, in particular by harmonising and improving procedures relating to investment funds.
There are also measures relating to the transparency of operations and mechanisms for addressing the risk of abuse or protecting shareholders in the event of investment bodies defaulting.
- Listing on the Stock Exchange
- Equity capital
- Undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS): applicable rules
- UCITS: organisational requirements and rules of conduct
- Fund mergers and master-feeder structures relating to undertakings for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS)
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers
- White Paper on the single market for investment fundsArchives
- Enhancing the framework for investment fundsArchives
- Plan to harmonise national rules on UCITS depositariesArchives
- Action plan for clearing and settlementArchives
- Investment services
- Supervisory bodies
- Specific provisions