Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Financial services: banking
Banking services are essential to the smooth functioning of economic activity – be it to do with payments, loans or investments.
European policy objectives in this area are twofold. The first is to complete the creation of an integrated market for banks and financial conglomerates, on the basis in particular of mutual recognition and the “European passport”. The second is to ensure that the market operates properly so that European citizens have all the security guarantees they need when using banking services.
These issues are especially important in view both of increasing cross border activity and the massive growth in services based on new technologies.
- Framework for crisis management in the financial sector
- Bank Resolution Funds
- Reorganisation and winding-up of credit institutions
- Capital adequacy of investment firms and credit institutions
- The taking-up and pursuit of the business of credit institutions
- Deposit-guarantee schemes
- Financial conglomerates
- Annual accounts of banks and other financial institutions
- Accounting documents of branches of foreign credit and financial institutions
- ELECTRONIC MONEY INSTITUTIONS
PAYMENT AND TRANSACTION
- Payment systems
- Cross-border transaction
- SUPERVISORY BODIES