We are migrating the content of this website during the first semester of 2014 into the new EUR-Lex web-portal. We apologise if some content is out of date before the migration. We will publish all updates and corrections in the new version of the portal.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Duty free treatment
2) COMMUNITY MEASURES
Regulation (EC) n° 467/97 of the Council, 3 mars 1997, provides for duty free treatment for specified pharmaceutical active ingredients bearing an "international nonproprietary name" (INN) from the World Health Organization and specified products used for the manufacture of finished pharmaceuticals and withdrawing duty free treatment as pharmaceutical products from certain INNs whose predominant use is not pharmaceutical.
The objective of this proposal is to accord duty free treatment, with effect from 1 January 1997, to:
- the INNs listed in Annex I as well as the salts, esters and hydrates of such products;
- the products used in the production and manufacture of the finished pharmaceutical products listed in Annex II;
- specified prefixes and suffixes of INNs (Annex III).
With effect from 1 January 1997, the products listed in Annex IV to the proposal will no longer benefit from duty free treatment.
4) DEADLINE FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LEGISLATION IN THE MEMBER STATES
5) DATE OF ENTRY INTO FORCE (if different from the above)
Official Journal L 71 of 13.03.1997