We are migrating the content of this website during the first semester of 2014 into the new EUR-Lex web-portal. We apologise if some content is out of date before the migration. We will publish all updates and corrections in the new version of the portal.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Plant health checks
In order to prevent any risk to human food and animal feed and to guarantee healthy and good quality crops, the EU places great emphasis on plant and crop protection. There are therefore checks on the movement of plants within the EU or from third countries in order to combat the emergence and spread of harmful organisms. The EU also ensures that plant health products are not harmful to health or the environment, specifically through an authorisation system and maximum residue limits in plants.
PHYTOPHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS: EVALUATION AND AUTHORISATION
- Placing of plant protection products on the market
- The placing of plant protection products on the market (until June 2011)Archives
- Plant protection products prohibited (until June 2011)Archives
- Supplementary protection certificate for plant protection products
- Training of food safety control authorities
- PESTICIDE RESIDUES
- PLANT HEALTH AND PLANT PROTECTION - HARMFUL ORGANISMS