Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Food safety: general provisions
The current food safety policy is based on a series of principles established or updated at the beginning of the 2000s. These principles, applied in line with the integrated approach 'From the Farm to the Fork' specifically include transparency, risk analysis and prevention, the protection of consumer interests and the free circulation of safe and high-quality products within the internal market and with third countries. A certain number of bodies, in particular, the European Food Safety Authority, are responsible for helping to guarantee food safety. Research is also an important element of the food safety policy.
- Food and feed safety
- The precautionary principle
- Improving communication on agricultural product quality
- Production and labelling of organic products
- Sustainable Consumption, Production and Industry Action Plan
- Training of food safety control authorities
- Geographical Indications and Designations of OriginArchives
- Traditional specialities guaranteedArchives
- Green Paper on agricultural product qualityArchives
- INSTITUTIONAL PROVISIONS