The agrifood sector in the European Union produces around 120 million tonnes of animal feedingstuffs annually. Good quality animal nutrition is essential, as it affects animal health and consequently food safety. Legislation on labelling and the circulation of animal feedingstuffs has been supplemented so as to shift the emphasis more towards the protection of human and animal health. In addition to the rules on hygiene and the monitoring of animal feedingstuffs, the EU thus regulates certain substances and products in order to limit or even prohibit their presence in animal feedingstuffs.
- MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- OFFICIAL CONTROL OF ANIMAL FEEDINGSTUFFS
- ADDITIVES IN ANIMAL NUTRITION
- TRANSMISSIBLE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHIES
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED FEEDINGSTUFFS
- ANIMAL WASTE AND PATHOGENIC AGENTS
- OTHER FEEDINGSTUFFS