We are migrating the content of this website during the first semester of 2014 into the new EUR-Lex web-portal. We apologise if some content is out of date before the migration. We will publish all updates and corrections in the new version of the portal.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.
Today's societies are more and more vulnerable to all kinds of risks, be they natural or technological, which can have serious environmental consequences. To help address these risks and be prepared to manage the crisis situations to which they can lead, the European Union has set up a mechanism for cooperation on assistance interventions and established programmes for the funding of civil protection measures.
- GENERAL FRAMEWORK
- Strengthening the European disaster response capacity
- Prevention of natural or man-made disasters in the European Union
- Disaster risk reduction in developing countries
- Response to natural or man-made disasters
- Major accidents involving dangerous substances
- Transboundary effects of industrial accidents
- Flood management and evaluation
- Towards a Community programme for flood risk management